October 2016 Survey Results
April 2016 Survey Results
The results of our 2016 survey were very positive. Of the 65 surveys sent out we had a response rate of 65%.
We asked users of the service and their carers a series of questions. Their responses are shown in the following table. Hover over the bars for the full percentage breakdown.
We asked “are there any changes or improvements that you would like to see at Care @ Carers Resource?” These are the responses users gave:
Very satisfactory services I require at the moment, help is considerate and pleasant
More flexibility when needing extra care
You can’t change perfection!
None, everyone is very kind
No your services were set up by Mrs L when I was in hospital
Koko and I are very satisfied with the Care @ Carers’ Resource
I don’t like the word user
Dementia suffers ned to know where things are kept, I have tried labelling drawers, to include as part of training with staff
I hope people recognise the great value of the service
She really likes Tracey visiting and she thinks that she is her friend and would ask her to help if necessary
Among the follow-up actions to the survey are:
- To ensure included in training possible solutions to finding items in homes with people with dementia
- Increase capacity at earliest opportunity – long term sickness with two full time staff just before survey completed
- Newsletter to reinforce areas discussed at assessment stage, possible information overload
- To ensure all receive excellent customer service when contacting the office
- Find venues for a user of our service to play his accordion