As we have provided care in the local community for many years – and understand the challenges facing someone trying to navigate the care maze at the point they think they might need care for themselves or a loved one – it’s our job to make this as easy as possible.
Home care is usually planned as a series of daily visits at agreed times across the day. Our service aim is to uphold the person’s dignity, privacy, independence and security at all times. If you need help with personal care we can provide assistance and our service can be flexible to reflect a person’s social activities. These visits can include the following as a guide:
- Getting in and out of bed
- Personal care: bathing, washing, catheter care, continence management
- Personal grooming – help with dressing or undressing , hair and teeth care
- Mobility assistance – all our staff are trained to use equipment and adaptations
- Medication assistance – from a basic prompt to more comprehensive support
Our visits can be of a flexible duration and our care plans allow for movement in times and days to reflect a person’s social activities and requirements.